[CLUE-Talk] Promote yourself...

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Mon Feb 11 13:26:46 MST 2002

Grant,

The one things I would HIGHLY recommend is that if you want to stay
techie, bone up on business acumen. By that I mean understand business
processes. A friend of mine who use to own his own business before he
became a techie can speak from both sides of the isle, techie and
businessese.  I CAN NOT stress this too much, you don't have to move
into middle management, but it will help you become a better techie and
thus more important to those that get it.  Alas, some, and sometimes
most, don't get it. So, for those companies that do, you'll be highly
sought after.

HTH.

Kevin