[CLUE-Talk] Privacy and .com domains

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Mon Feb 11 21:14:47 MST 2002

On Monday 11 February 2002 16:01, you wrote:
> I just saw a show about pedophiles tracking down kids via the
> Internet and realized that putting up a .com website amounts to
> advertising your address and phone number.
>
> Are there any .com registrars that allow you to keep this stuff
> private?

Actually, they almost all do.  In theory it's prohibited, but I have
yet to see any registrar revoke a domain registration because of
invalid contact info, even if their AUP says that they will.

Charles Oriez, coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across
the backbone, bounced from satellite, it's nothing but net."