[CLUE-Talk] Installfest! (Debian dual-boot on notebook?)

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Fri Feb 15 07:56:58 MST 2002

Eric is right.  I've used FIPS to shrink FAT partitions before, but it
is time consuming.  You need to have the FAT partition *completely*
defragged.  (i.e. run scandisk until it finds nothing two times in a
row, same for defrag; 0% two times in a row.)

Once this is done, a tool like FIPS can be used to quickly cut up the
FAT partition and help you prep for a linux installation.