[CLUE-Talk] Ximian busted my browser...

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed Jan 2 12:35:14 MST 2002

Nothing should have gone to the console at all, however, if you ran it
from the command line, you should have gotten lots of messages about QFA
starting up (whatever QFA is) as well as dumps of pertinent environment
variables and such.  If it runs right this way, but not from clicking on
the icon, something in the setup of the icon must be wrong, like
starting directory, or environment variables, or shell or something.

When I try to start Mozilla without X running (I am at work and don't
have a real machine here), I get:
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/mozilla
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mozilla
     LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mozilla
       SHLIB_PATH=/opt/mozilla
          LIBPATH=/opt/mozilla
       ADDON_PATH=/opt/mozilla
      MOZ_PROGRAM=/opt/mozilla/mozilla-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_debugger=
###!!! ASSERTION: failed to get command line service:
'NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)', file ../../../xpfe/bootstrap/nsAppRunner.cpp, line 815
###!!! Break: at file ../../../xpfe/bootstrap/nsAppRunner.cpp, line 815
Could not obtain CmdLine processing service
###!!! ASSERTION: failed to get prefs, so unable to save them:
'NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)', file ../../../xpfe/bootstrap/nsAppRunner.cpp, line 601
###!!! Break: at file ../../../xpfe/bootstrap/nsAppRunner.cpp, line 601
###!!! ASSERTION: DoOnShutdown failed: 'NS_SUCCEEDED(rv)', file
../../../xpfe/bootstrap/nsAppRunner.cpp, line 1102
###!!! Break: at file ../../../xpfe/bootstrap/nsAppRunner.cpp, line 1102
CanUnload_enumerate: skipping native
/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla: line 29:  9701 Segmentation fault      $prog
${1+"$@"}