[CLUE-Talk] Ximian busted my browser...

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed Jan 2 12:43:33 MST 2002

Occasionally, Netscape/Mozilla will get a nasty file in the cache that
will spaz things.  Usually it is a corrupted GIF.  Delete everything
under cache (make sure that it is not running first) and then try it.
 On the older versions, there are a bunch of subdirectories with 2
character names, but on the newer stuff, there is just one big directory
again.  Check in .netscape, .mozilla, etc.  I have to use Netscape 6.2
for getting to my work email because of some added stuff for RSA token
based security, but my cache is still in
~/.mozilla/default/hphmd4lc.slt/Cache so it still shows the Mozilla
engine is behind it.

If you are a big chicken, you can make a directory called oldcache or
something, and just move all of the files there.