[CLUE-Talk] Ximian busted my browser...

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Wed Jan 2 18:41:27 MST 2002

If you launch Galeon do you get a schema error?

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 10:06, David Willson wrote:

    Here's a strange thing.  Ever since I loaded Ximian Desktop, in order to
    get Ximian Evolution (which, as I have previously mentioned, absolutely
    RULES), I can't get a browse.  Neither Mozilla nor Galeon will start
    implicitly (from a link in an email or whatever), or explicitly (from
    their launch icons or called at the command line).

    What I get is a lot of disk activity the first time I try it, then
    nothing, and on subsequent attempts in the same uptime, just a quick
    flicker of disk activity, and nothing.

    I have tried removing and re-installing the mozilla package, and
    removing my mozilla and galeon preferences (~/.mozilla and ~/.galeon)

    Any other ideas before I FFR (fdisk, format, reinstall, one call does it
    all) this box?