[CLUE-Talk] Legal breaking of the MS monopoly

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 14:16:15 MST 2002

Hi Jef & All...

> I have already sent a responce. Has anybody else.

I sent one, but it may have gone to the wrong address. One
of the columns that I read mentioned that the first address
posted was wrong, so I have to check.

> We stand as a group that has no like for Microsoft. We complain that Microsoft is doing this or doing that. The things that they do hurt companies and the industry as a hole. This request from the public about what to do is our chance to have a say. If you don't send anything then how are they to tell what the public wants.

Very true. Even if you don't use Windows, what Microsoft does
as a company in the next few years may very well affect
how you use a computer or the 'net down the road.

The deadline is Monday, so if you haven't already, sit down
and compose a letter that explains what's wrong with the
proposed settlement, and what you think should be done.
Then walk away for an hour or a day and re-read it before
you send it.

Though it's not likely to happen, I'd like to see what would
happen if people had to choose their OS after they bought
their computer -- and pay the sticker price for Windows or
whatever separately. If that happened, I think you'd find
Microsoft giving away Windows before too long.

> You vote for public officials. You vote for laws. Now is the time to vote again. Don't be the gut who complains about what happened and did not take the chance to have yourself heard.

Everyone on this list (over 18, of course) does vote, right?

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart