[CLUE-Talk] Linux-Only Mainframe

rknech at pcisys.net rknech at pcisys.net
Fri Jan 25 11:05:07 MST 2002

The Nice thing about IBM putting Linux on the Mainframes & AS/400's is that
they are able to use Logical Partitioning and run multiple Linux servers
simultaniously! :^)  IBM is supposed to be releasing their code for this
functionality.  This would be nice for those who want to run mulitple linux
serves on one machine on different hard drive partitions without the need
of "multi-booting" or running virtual machines.  Think of the possibilities!!!