[CLUE-Talk] Linux-Only Mainframe

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 12:02:33 MST 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 rknech at pcisys.net wrote:

> The Nice thing about IBM putting Linux on the Mainframes & AS/400's is that
> they are able to use Logical Partitioning and run multiple Linux servers
> simultaniously! :^)  IBM is supposed to be releasing their code for this
> functionality.  This would be nice for those who want to run mulitple linux
> serves on one machine on different hard drive partitions without the need
> of "multi-booting" or running virtual machines.  Think of the possibilities!!!

Oh, I am... I am...

I have a dual Xeon that I'd love to use to run several virtual
instances of Linux rather than just one, and without the overhead
of VMWare.

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart