[CLUE-Talk] OpenSouce Friendly ISP [WAS Re: [CLUE-Tech] Easiest DHCP]

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Sun Jan 27 20:21:37 MST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

> > I spent over 30-hours on the phone, mostly on hold.  That isn't an exageration
> > either, I kept detailed notes for each phone call.  On four occaisions I
> > called, waited in the queue for 2+ hours, talked to Tier 1, and got dropped
> > on transfer to Tier 2...the only option was call back and get into the
> > Tier 1 queue again.
>
> I can second this -- I've spent countless hours trying to get through
> to people at AT&T... the most galling part is when you're unable
> to connect to the net because their service is down, and then you
> get the message telling you that rather than waiting on hold, check
> their Web site for support... (Particularly when that's the first
> recorded message and you can't get a menu until it finishes. AUGH!)

I noted this in particular in my letter.

To their credit, I did get a nice, respectfull, and apologetic response.

And, I'll say again, I had no complaints until the @home --> @attbi
migration.  Up to that point, I only noticed a few email problems.

--

Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg