[CLUE-Talk] OpenSouce Friendly ISP [WAS Re: [CLUE-Tech] Easiest DHCP]

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Mon Jan 28 11:51:16 MST 2002

Mine too, but they also said that there was a problem with the modem
because it was not responding propperly.  After about a week, I finally
got escalated to senior tech support, they new that there was a problem
with the COM 21 off of a couple of nodes.  I was able to swap out the
modem with a spare I had sitting around and get it going again, but it
took a week where it could have been working, but wasn't becuse of a
known issue (it was known that COM 21 modems were having problems before
I called).

Basically, it is great when it works, but when it doesn't, you're up the
creek.  The hold times are well over an hour, and the first line either
doesn't have the training or the tools to take care of it.  They only
take care of Windows configuration issues, and cannot seem to take care
of actual service outages.