[CLUE-Talk] OpenSouce Friendly ISP [WAS Re: [CLUE-Tech] Easiest DHCP]

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Mon Jan 28 11:39:54 MST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Grant Johnson wrote:

> ><Rant>
> >
> >I was down for 24 days.  And, they never got it right.  I can't tell you
> >what the problem was...just never worked.  I sat here with a packet sniffer
> >and told the Tier 2 guys I was not getting any response to my DHCP requests.
> >
> >One could "see" my cable modem, another couldn't, one day there was a known
> >problem in my area, another day it was something else.
> >
> >I spent over 30-hours on the phone, mostly on hold.  That isn't an exageration
> >either, I kept detailed notes for each phone call.  On four occaisions I
> >called, waited in the queue for 2+ hours, talked to Tier 1, and got dropped
> >on transfer to Tier 2...the only option was call back and get into the
> >Tier 1 queue again.
> >
> ></Rant>
> >
> COM 21 brand cable modem?

No, it was an RCA.  They did ask for the model number several times because I
understand that there was/were issues with certain brands and models.  However,
on more than one occasion they said there were no known issues with my model.

--

Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg