[CLUE-Talk] Qwest Opt Out

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Jan 28 21:02:22 MST 2002

On Monday 28 January 2002 05:05 pm, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

> That's interesting -- how did you request it? I called and asked
> to be removed, I haven't (yet) received a call.

Check the CLUE-Talk archives for December.  I posted a URL where you can fill
out an HTML form that will do the opt out.  I did receive the same voice mail
this morning.

I take it that Qwest received so many complaints that their PR firm decided
to 'rethink' their decision.  Good news for our personal privacy.

To me this is a positive result when we (consumers) act collectively to
reject the attempted infringement on our privacy by a faceless corporation.

Go Team!

:-P