[CLUE-Talk] Legal breaking of the MS monopoly WAS:Re:[CLUE-Tech] HP laptop

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Thu Jan 31 07:49:51 MST 2002

>There's a lot of difference between the industries. A lot of
>companies make car radios, tires and other minor add-ons for
>cars -- but very few (if any) make replacement engines, and
>no company that I'm aware of makes replacement doors or hoods
>or seats for mass production autos other than the original
>equipment manufacturers. This is why if you get your door crushed
>in an accident you can either buy another from the dealer or
>go to a junkyard -- you won't find one at Wal-Mart.

Actually, there are other companies that make new body panels.  Ask any
body shop.

As for replacement engines:  you can buy every part of an engine on the
open market from a performance parts place.

As for voiding the waranty:  The manufacturer of the engine waranties
the engine, and this does not void the waranty on the power windows.