[CLUE-Talk] [OT] A Call to Action

Joe Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 12 13:07:15 MDT 2002

Richard Knechtel wrote:

*snip*

> First : Printing your own currency is illegal if I remember correclty.

Printing a currency may be illegal, but there's no law that I know of
that forbids a set of people from keeping a ledger or having a system of
debts/credits. Used bookstores do something like this, for example.

> Second: "Technically" using the "Barter" system is still subject to
> Income Tax. - But as long as know one tells between the two parties
> doing the "Bartering" your safe.

Unless it's taken to extremes, it's unlikely the IRS is going to be too
concerned if people swap goods/services. People do it on an informal
basis all the time, I've never heard of anyone getting audited for it.

> Better Yet:  have many people grow their own small gardens at their
> homes, each growing different things.  Then they "swap" back and forth.
> Cheaper than buying produce in the grocery store, and it takes SO much
> better. I can vouch for it. My wife grows lots of stuff in here garden.

Yeah - but some of us live in apartments... :) Not much gardening area
here...

> Next: Eat more rabbit!  Grow your own rabbits (The big white ones are
> best). And slaughter them yourself and freeze the meat. Heck rabbit goes
> for $3.99/lb in the grocery store.  Also learn to hunt.  Get a deer or
> two or an Elk or whatever.  Cheap meat that way to. OR even do your own
> fishing and freeze the fish.  If you find some good butchers you can
> offer to trade meat as well. Trade some of your deer or elk or rabbit
> for say beef, pork or chicken.

Kill fluffy?? :( It really depends on the hunter, a lot of people end up
spending more money on gear, beer, travel and having the meat processed
than they'd spend if they just bought a side of beef from Tony's Meats.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart