[CLUE-Talk] DVD Playback

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Thu Jul 18 01:24:37 MDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 09:21:18AM -0600, Lynn Danielson wrote:

> I believe your machine is fast enough.  I've been told that a good
> video card is probably the most important piece of hardware for good
> dvd video playback.  A coworker of mine raves about the overlay
> feature for smooth video playback.

Any specific recomendations? I hear nvidia's are good; might also
consider playing with the ATI all-in-woder, if i knew the tv stuff would
run in a linux only box.  1024x768 with 32-bit color is the max
resolution I would want to get - the current flat screen can't do better
than 1024x768, and my eyes could not read it anyway.

I just want speed, linux compatibility, and excellent image quality.

aloha,
dave