OT - Islam (was Re: [CLUE-Talk] FBI Gets Broad Domestic Spy Powers)

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Jun 1 12:49:06 MDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 08:34:33AM -0600, Richard Knechtel wrote:

> should I say wouldn't do anything about it.  But, this hypothesis all rests
> on the fact that there IS a REAL terrorist threat in the U.S. . MY theory
> is that there ISN'T one.

Or if there is, the government would rather exploit it to keep us in line
than eliminate it. Agreed.

> over. Now, lets pretend what America will be like under Muslim rule.  Have
> you read the Koran?

I have. At least parts, though it's been 15 years. Have you?

> doesn't it repeatedly specifically say "Destroy the
> infidel"?

Yes, it contains passages like that. It also has a chapter called
"The Disbelievers." Here it is in its entirety:

  In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

  [109.1] Say: O unbelievers!
  [109.2] I do not serve that which you serve,
  [109.3] Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
  [109.4] Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
  [109.5] Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
  [109.6] You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

(source:
  http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=968503
)

Positively foaming at the mouth!