[CLUE-Talk] Seeking recommendations on router for SOHO

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Wed Jun 5 22:15:11 MDT 2002

The Cisco 675 is already a router. Do you mean you are looking for
a firewall to place between your router and network?

If so, I would recommend the Linksys over the Netgear.

Last time I tested the Netgear, it had a telnet text interface
which was very clunky to use. It also lost my configuration on two
occasions -- this required that I reinstall the OS.

The Linksys was just too easy to use. Configuration is done through
a web interface.

I have recently rebuilt an old computer into a firewall. Now all
the cracking attempts are being logged... makes interesting
reading of the log file.

Match