[CLUE-Talk] Seeking recommendations on router for SOHO

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Thu Jun 6 18:01:52 MDT 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 11:32 am, bof wrote:

> So I'm seeking opinions/experiences about these. OTOH, for that matter,
> if anyone has recommendation of a good router other than these
> (preferably less than $100, but I might go as high as $200), I would
> like to hear it.

I'm using the Siemens Speed Stream 2614 4 port DSL/Cable router.  From my
cable bridge, I plug in the cat-5 to the router.  It acts as a hardware
firewall.  I've had it for about 6 months.  I paid about $100 for it @
CompUSA.  Here's a link:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=288801

No problems so far.  Easy to setup:

1. Plug in
2. Configure using web browser.

By default, it is set up to receive DHCP information from your DSL/Cable
provider.

Jeff