[CLUE-Talk] Walmart selling mandrake systems

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Jun 20 16:57:53 MDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 03:01:25PM -0400, Grant Johnson wrote:

> .Net:  Web services using SOAP (RPC over HTTP in XML format).  In order

  [snip]

> So far in the real world:  Lotsa hype, lotsa people who love MS saying
> how great it is, no one really using it for anything real....

That's what I thought too. But I was talking the other day to a guy who
says otherwise; FWIW, he's an old mainframer with no particular love for
MS, currently in a Comp Sci graduate program. He couldn't give any
specific examples on the spot, though ... and grad students sometimes
have odd ideas about what constitutes the real world.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA
mgushee at havenrock.com