[CLUE-Talk] FW: EFF alert on SSSCA

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Mar 9 08:49:41 MST 2002

On Friday 08 March 2002 08:45 pm, Crawford Rainwater wrote:
> This is something I encourage individuals and companies
> to take a serious look at.  I strongly urge folks to
> write in opposition to his/her US Congress Reps.

Crawford,

Regarding contacting your Federal representatives -- Often, folks will send
postal mail to their representatives.  I have had greater frequency of

However, since the anthrax letter problem, mail delivery to our
Representatives has been practically stopped due the 'threat of
bioterrorism'.  For example, attached below is an excerpt from my Tom
Tancredo's weekly email newsletter (he is the 6th District Congressman).

So, I strongly encourage folks to either email or fax their opinion on SSSCA
to their representatives.  You can get this information from the following
URLs:

House of Representatives - http://www.house.gov/writerep
Senate - http://www.senate.gov/contacting/index.cfm

I am glad to see other CLUEbies have joined the EFF alert email list!  For
those not on this list you can sign up on any EFF page at http://www.eff.org/
Also, please consider joining EFF - http://www.eff.org/support/joineff-cc.html

Jeff

My congressional office in Washington, D.C. is slowly beginning to
receive regular U.S. mail, but delivery remains slow and uncertain as a
result of the current bioterrorism threat.  Nevertheless, keeping in
regular contact with the people I represent in Colorado is extremely
important to me, so I hope you'll use alternative means of
communicating with me.  I can always be reached via email at
tom.tancredo at mail.house.gov and by fax at (202) 226-4623.