[CLUE-Talk] FW: EFF alert on SSSCA

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Mar 9 16:58:11 MST 2002

On Saturday 09 March 2002 11:29 am, Brandon N wrote:
> You can also join the ACLU Action network:
> http://www.aclu.org/congress/issues107.html
>
> While I don't support all of thier issues, they do have a few computer
> related ones, and they provide an inteface to fax or email your
> respective representatives, senators, and other people as necessary.
> They provide a form letter that you can somewhat modify to suit your
> wishes.

I wanted to point out that you can join the ACLU action network.  You will
receive emails, though less frequently than EFF.  As an action network
member, you can use such fax and email services.  You need not join the ACLU<
but members do support these 'free' services like their action network.  I
have used them frequently.

For those more concerned about technology issues, I recommend the 'Center for
Democracy and Technology'.  Similar to EFF, but a lot more technical.  For
example, they actually *know* what cryptography *is* and why its protection
is paramount to our freedom.

http://www.cdt.org/

Jeff