[CLUE-Talk] Yahoo?

Chris K. Chew chris at fenetics.com
Tue Mar 19 18:21:06 MST 2002

Holy cow!

Microsoft too.

I have always been a little afraid ever since verisign took over network
solutions -- they now control dns and secure certificates, the two most
important pieces to e-commerce.  Given that verisign charges $300 to do an
automated task (sign certificates), I haven't ever had much respect for them
as a member of the Internet community.  I am not surprised that verisign was
targeted for something like this.

Let's hope verisign holds on to some of that liability instead of brushing
it off on pesky hackers.

Poor yahoo, google, and microsoft, they are unfortunate victims.

Chris