[CLUE-Talk] CLUE-Announce?

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Mar 25 15:47:54 MST 2002

Matt Gushee wrote:

> I was wondering what's going on with the CLUE-Announce list. I had an
> announcement yesterday, so I signed up for CLUE-Announce. Then I tried
> to post my announcement, and got a response saying it was awaiting
> moderator approval. Okay, well, it's a moderated list, so I guess that's
> normal. But now I see that there are only 27 subscribers, and no
> announcements have actually been posted yet.

The CLUE-Announce subscriber list was borrowed from the newsletter
list which has been inactive.  I'm not sure if the idea was for
general announcements or not, but as far as I can tell a moderator
for the list doesn't exist.  That can be fixed.

> So I wonder if there's really a need for a separate announcements list.
> It's been up for several weeks, but if nobody's going to use it ...

Jeff created this list because of requests from folks on CLUE-Talk
or CLUE-Tech.  It will be used -- to post CLUE meeting and events
if nothing else.

> Shall I just go ahead and post the announcement to CLUE-Talk?

I don't think it hurts that you did.  The Ruby's user group is
something that at least one cluebie I know would be interested
in.  (Hey Dennis, are you out there? :-)) However announcing
every future RUG meeting might be considered inappropriate.

Fwiw,

Lynn