[CLUE-Talk] A Response to Caldera

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Mar 28 21:31:32 MST 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 09:21:28PM -0700, Timothy C. Klein wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if I know of any other Utah-based software companies.
> > > Are there any other large ones there?
> >
> > Ha. You got me.
> >
> WordPerfect, I believe, used to be developed by a company in Utah.  Back
> in the WP 5.1 for DOS days, when the company was just WordPerfect.  I

... and word processors were word processors. Sigh.

You know, I think my dad still uses WP 5.1 for DOS. He's a professor, so
he can get away with using what works, rather than what's trendy.

> guess it was Corel that bought it?  Useless bit of trivia.

Actually, Novell owned WP for a while before Corel. That didn't work out
too well, I guess.
--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA