[CLUE-Talk] CBDTPA update - DOA

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Sat Mar 30 11:24:18 MST 2002

On Saturday 30 March 2002 10:59, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier gave up the
right to remain silent by saying:

> We also have to keep an eye out for something similar to "bait and
> switch." Often legislators propose a bill that is just outright
> horrifying (ie, SSSCA/CBDTPA) and push the idea that we "must have"
> legislation dealing with whatever issue they're glomming on to.
> The first, really, really bad bill gets killed, but more very
> similar are introduced until something gets passed.

agreed. the thing to worry about is seeing it attached to another
bill at midnight late in the session and have it slip thru as a
rider.  fortunately the house sets rules on debate which limit that
ability there.

--
Charles Oriez      coriez at oriez.org 39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**