[CLUE-Talk] Intriguing project

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Wed May 1 05:28:30 MDT 2002

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 02:35 am, Matt Gushee wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware of Netbeans, but Eclipse appears to be broader in scope.
> AFAIK Netbeans is a *Java* IDE (in Java and for Java), whereas Eclipse
> is more like a cross-language IDE specification, which happens to currently
> be implemented in Java.

Actually, netbeans is not just a java IDE.  From their home page:

"Netbeans is a world-class development environment, written in Java.  It can
be used to develop code in Java, HTML, XML, JSP, C/C++ and other languages..."

It started out as a Java-only development environment, but has changed
dramatically over the years.

Jeff