[CLUE-Talk] Colorado's No-Call List

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri May 10 23:03:39 MDT 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> You can check if you are on the 'no-call' (no solicitation) list here:
>
>  + http://www.coloradonocall.com

So I added my number.  Now if I get called, the AG will take my
complaint.  I can't imagine that he'll ask me to prove that I was actually
called when my number was on the list (or ask the company to prove they
*didn't* call me).  So if he gets enough complaints he'll lower the boom
(whatever that means).  Seems open to abuse (though it's the "bad guys"
getting abused).

Now, if the telemarketers are worried, they can take my number off the
list.  It may be illegal for them to remove my number, but then someone
has to prove that it was them that did it (mean time all the others call
me).

Or a high school kid can write a perl script to remove everyone as a class
project (he wouldn't actually run it on the InterWhoops...)

Seems we are hanging our hopes for a better life on a mighty fine thread.
Does anyone else think this is nonsense?

OTOH, if we make the legal morass sticky enough and telemarketing ceases
(a de facto ban on it) I'm ok with that.  Not sure what the rest of the
poor saps in the state will do to find new stuff to buy though.  [Goodness
I'm cynical tonight.]

Dave