[CLUE-Talk] Thoughts on GNU.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun May 26 21:08:28 MDT 2002

There was a post a few days ago linking to an RMS article that said,
among other things, that the correct name of our favorite OS is
GNU/Linux, not Linux.

Well, my only reaction is that GNU is unsuitable as a brand and Linux
works fine.  I don't know diddly about business, so ignore my opinion if
you like.

But hey, look at this.  A rant against GNU/Linux (or should we say
LiGNUx--then we're still CLUE and not CGUE or CG/LUE):

http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.06.html#subj5

Better is the counter-rant at:

http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.07.html#subj8

Good stuff by smart people, which is why I try to follow the Risks
Digest.

Dave