[CLUE-Talk] FBI Gets Broad Domestic Spy Powers

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu May 30 21:36:05 MDT 2002

Thus spoke Jeffery Cann
> Whatever.  My gripe about this announcement is the incredible lack of checks
> and balances.  What's to stop over zealous FBI field agents from pursing /
> harassing / building 'files' on folks considered out of the norm?

You're starting to sound paranoid Jeff.  That's the polite version of my
reply.  I toned it *waaaaaay* down.

The DMCA is relevant to CLUE because of it's direct attack of open source.
The FBI's expanded powers are only remotely so.  Let's try to keep the
discussions relevant, please.

--
Michael J. Hammel           | It isn't pollution that's harming the environment.
The Graphics Muse           | It's the impurities in our air and water that are