[CLUE-Talk] FBI Gets Broad Domestic Spy Powers

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Fri May 31 17:21:32 MDT 2002

Jeff et al,

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:12 pm, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
>
> > I try to avoid political rantings.  By all means, then.  You pay attention.
> > I'm off to unsubscribe from the petty whining this has become.
>
> Mike.
>
> IMHO, some things are bigger and more important than Linux.  This is one
> example.  I posted it because I know that, unlike the majority of Americans,
> readers of CLUE-Talk actually do care about these matters.  In my experience,
> the CLUE-Talk folks are a more politically aware and active group.  By
> pontificating, it's my hope that someone who reads my post will react to it
> and later act on their reaction.  (e.g., write their representative).   The
> only way things change (whether its the government or 'big business') is when
> the majority of us stand up and say that it needs to change.

Hear, hear!!  It's the American way, or at least, that's the way it
suppose to work.  A minority CAN change a majority, but it may not
happen overnight.

> I have learned a great many things and been kept abreast by my fellow
> CLUE-Talk members.  This makes it more than just a Linux list.  In my mind,
> its better.  My occasional 'political' post is motivated by a reciprocal
> motiviation to inform / be informed by CLUE-Talk.

That's the balancing act of democracy, for those on the left, or
republic, for those on the right.

I agree 100% with Jeff and don't want it to change.  My $0.02

KC