[CLUE-Talk] FBI Gets Broad Domestic Spy Powers

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri May 31 16:59:45 MDT 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:12 pm, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> I try to avoid political rantings.  By all means, then.  You pay attention.
> I'm off to unsubscribe from the petty whining this has become.

Mike.

FWIW, this is not the first, nor will it be the last 'political' discussion
on CLUE-Talk.  This is why we created CLUE-Tech, which is directly (for the
most part) related to Linux.

IMHO, some things are bigger and more important than Linux.  This is one
example.  I posted it because I know that, unlike the majority of Americans,
readers of CLUE-Talk actually do care about these matters.  In my experience,
the CLUE-Talk folks are a more politically aware and active group.  By
pontificating, it's my hope that someone who reads my post will react to it
and later act on their reaction.  (e.g., write their representative).   The
only way things change (whether its the government or 'big business') is when
the majority of us stand up and say that it needs to change.

I have learned a great many things and been kept abreast by my fellow
CLUE-Talk members.  This makes it more than just a Linux list.  In my mind,
its better.  My occasional 'political' post is motivated by a reciprocal
motiviation to inform / be informed by CLUE-Talk.

Maybe consider a 'send to trash' filter for my posts?  I know that I do that
with Jon Katz on Slashdot.  :-P

Later,
Jeff