[CLUE-Talk] OT? Sunday reading

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Nov 3 20:00:22 MST 2002

Matt Gushee wrote:
> Here's an interesting (and horrifying) site about the sleaze-ridden and
> secretive voting-machine industry, and some of the vote-counting
> "mistakes" (my quotes) caused by their products.
>
>   http://www.talion.com/election-mistakes.html
>
> Hmm ... I wonder if open source could be part of the solution to this.

There are several discussions of problems with technical solutions to
vote counting here http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/index.22.html.  Search
on the page for 'election', and Rebecca Mercuri is very informed on the
subject.

I think that open source is irrelevant to solving the problem, except as
it is relevant to any programming problem.

Dave