[CLUE-Talk] Samba consultant in Denver

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sat Nov 9 03:06:24 MST 2002

I'll help.  My rate is $50/hour.  This sounds like an hour's work.  I've
set this up on Red Hat many times, using the config file, so it should
be pretty straightforward.

David Willson
MCT, MCSE, Network+, A+, Linux Enthusiast
http://TheGeek.NU

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 3:00 PM
To: clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] Samba consultant in Denver

Hi gang,

I've been following the list and testing Linux for about 9 mos. (newbie)
and I'm ready to switch the peer-to-peer fileserver at my 2-person
office in LoDo to Linux from WinME.

I put Mandrake on a spare box with a 60GB hard drive. 3 computers total,
1 'server' and 2 dual-boot workstations. All on the same DHCP router
supplied by Qwest for the DSL connection. I've been messing with Samba
but limited success. Don't need to serve web pages, DNS, DHCP, email,
etc. from the fileserver.

Anyone recommend a Samba consultant that I could hire to come in and get
the filesharing configured. I'll be out of town until Monday and get the
replies then.

Thanks for your help,
Rob Davis
InsideOut Design