[CLUE-Talk] Red Hat Tour

Ski Dawg skidawg at plbb.net
Sat Nov 9 12:01:21 MST 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 18:42, G. Richard Raab wrote:
> JeffCo has been into Linux for a long time. I used to teach several BHI
> classes up there for Java and Linux about 3 years ago. I was impressed with
> the manager at that time who offered both Windows and Linux to everybody.
> Those who picked Windows would have have to buy all new software and would
> not get new hardware. Those who picked Linux could get WP AND new hardware. I
> am not sure where they are at now, But it would be nice to see them move to
> OpenOffice across all their platforms, instead.

There was an article was in eWeek on October 14. It talked about linux
renewing its bid for the desktop and Steve O'Brien is the first person
they talked about. Steve is the Director of IT operations for Jefferson
County. It talked about how he is moving the county to linux (probably a
major reason why the Red Hat tour stopped there).

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0%2c3959%2c635994%2c00.asp

--
Doug

Registered Linux User #285548
http://counter.li.org
Random Thought:

Galbraith's Law of Human Nature:
	Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that
	there is no need to do so, almost everybody gets busy on the proof.