[CLUE-Talk] PHP Calendar

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Oct 9 18:43:50 MDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:27:49 -0600
Dave Price <davep at kinaole.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 06:16:15PM -0600, Dave Hahn wrote:
> > My implementation:
> >
> > http://beta.techangle.com/calendar2.hph
> >
> > (Guess what happens if you rename the file to calendar2.php)

It violates the DMCA? ;-)

> > First half of the script calculates values needed to render the
> > calendar Next, an array of the appropriate items, based on the month
> > and year passed to the script, are retrieved from the database
> > The last half draws the calendar and populates days based on date
> > matches
> >
> > -d
> Dave,
>
> Where is the database schema?

Well, I had thrown out some SQL, in this message:

http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-dev/2002-August/000164.html

Suppose I might as well toss it in here.

create table event_list (
  id                    int
    not null auto_increment primary key,
  title                 varchar(40) not null,
  day_time              datetime not null,
  location_name         varchar(40) not null,
  location_add1         varchar(40) not null,
  location_add2         varchar(40),
  location_city         varchar(40),
  location_state        char(2),
  location_zip          varchar(10),
  contact_name          varchar(40) not null,
  contact_phone         varchar(20),
  contact_email         varchar(40),
  detail                text,
  url                   text
)

MySQL type, BTW. Too much stuff in this? Could just have one big text
field, more like:

create table event_list (
  id                    int
    not null auto_increment primary key,
  title                 varchar(40) not null,
  day_time              datetime not null,
  detail                text
)

Haven't looked at Dave's code yet to see what variables it's expecting
from the database.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5