[CLUE-Talk] DNS expert? Keith?

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Oct 30 08:36:04 MST 2002

David Willson wrote:
> Can I get a DNS expert to Linux Fun-da-mentals tomorrow night?  I want
> to set Jerusalem up to do DNS, but I want a little help w/it the first
> go.  ie: How do I get him to answer 'linuxfun.local', and forward
> everything else to 206.196.128.1?

Well, shoot.  I'm downtown without a car, otherwise I'd come (not that
I'm a DNS expert but it would be fun to play with).

You want to point all your linuxfun.local machines at jerusalem (with
resolv.conf) and make jerusalem the primary master for the
linuxfun.local zone.

I don't know offhand about forwarding--if jerusalem can make DNS queries
on the Internet that isn't needed, it will just work.  Otherwise I think
it can be done, just haven't done it yet.

If you have the O'Reilly DNS book you should be able to follow through
it pretty well.

Dave