[CLUE-Talk] M$ strikes again

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Thu Oct 31 15:31:50 MST 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 13:59, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I agree. The more stuff like this they do, the better. The free market will
> punish them soundly for this if they keep it up.

I suspect that it will take awhile. Back in the mid to late 80's, it was IBM
who was in MSs position and MS was in the Linux position. I bet big on MS
back then(my career) and was surprised at how slow the market place
responded. Our government is the biggest buyer of software and they were
bought lock, stock, and barrel by IBM. Even today, the current US regimes is
trying very hard to place MS everywhere that they can and as fast as they
can. The frightening part is that it always takes down those companies that
bet on the loser and there are many american companies that are betting on
MS.
	It was why I was trying to get our illustious govornor (and opponents) to
help develop OSS companies here in the state. It has been interesting what I
have found out from the underlings in Owens office and Heath's campain. What
a joke that is. They have been rapid anti-linux and one told me flat out that
they would not do anything to piss off Microsoft. Another said that you don't
byte ( my spelling - :) ) that hand that feeds you. Now, rather than spending
$ on developing companies, they will continue to send $ to MS related
companies and lay off our employees.

I have little to no faith in any of our elected officials.

g.r.r.