[CLUE-Talk] Re:Inexpensive locally available PC clones

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Tue Sep 10 15:46:15 MDT 2002

> The cheapest by far is the internet. Spec out 4/5 Linux
> clones and build them yourself. All with Linux capable
> hardware in mind. If you wat to go locally DHE at
> Arapahoe and Jordan will sell you a good machine. I still
> think the internet is cheaper and better.

Mike has good advice, but I also like to shop locally if available and
reasonably priced vis-a-vis internet/mail order.  Grab a copy of
'ComputorEdge', a local, mostly ads with some content, weekly distributed,
freebie.  Several local computer builder advertise - I've had good results
with a few vendors that advertise there.  You can also get the current edition
online at: http://www.computoredge.com/colorado/

My current favorite deal if I wanted to buy a new machine - dual AMD:
check an example at:
http://www.mcglen.com/mcglenweb/listKitsbtosys.asp?u=none&pc=none&ikhid=KTAMPDDR#startkit

and start config'ing to your specs.  Local builder can similar machines.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/