[CLUE-Talk] Re: Inexpensive locally available PC clones

\_0_/ psyber at dimensional.com
Tue Sep 10 21:06:22 MDT 2002

> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Keith Christian <keithchristian at yahoo.com>
> To: CLUE-Talk at clue.denver.co.us
> Subject: [CLUE-Talk] Inexpensive locally available PC clones
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Anyone have recommendations for locally-available (preferably south of town
> near the DTC) clones?  I'm looking into putting together a 4 or 5 system home
> network; with the objective of setting up a small office system.

If you're trying to save dollars, keep an eye open for thrown out
machines.  I just finished salvaging one good usable pc from the
parts of two machines that people had junked.  Somewhat legacy
hardware, but perfectly usable.  Pentium 133, 2 gig HDD, 500MB HDD, floppy,
sound card, NIC, modem, (slow) CD drive... circa '96 Soltek mobo.
Depends of course, on just exactly what kind of applications you
intend to run...