[CLUE-Talk] IT Sams: Linux Advocacy

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Tue Sep 17 14:57:31 MDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> Matt and I are officially kicking this thing off (right Matt?). Thinking
> along the lines of having the first brainstorming session next week
> (sometime Sep-23..27). Gotta settle on a location, maybe Stella's Coffee
> House, as it's somewhat central, although if some Boulder folks want to be
> involved, maybe we'll try something further north.
>
> Here's the first pass at a mission statement:
> http://www.rockchucker.com/itsleap.mission.html

Great!  I would like to be involved.  I took a quick look at the mission
statement, and agree.  I think you (we?) are on the right track.  Especially
about being advocates, not zealots.  The last think we want is to allienate
folks.  The decision to use GNU/Linux or other OpenSource solutions should be
because it make good sense.

> IT Samaritans: http://www.itsamaritans.org/
>
> First order of business, I think, will be to settle on a few adminstrative
> things, like maybe our own mailing list, web site, CVS repository even? In
> other words, how best to collaborate.

Keep us posted on the date, time, and location.  I'll send comments on my
availability off-list.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy