[CLUE-Talk] would like to try Linux

Walter Hildebrandt hildy at totalspeed.net
Sun Sep 22 19:46:11 MDT 2002

I would like to learn how to get and use Linux for word processing, spreadsheets, and the Internet.  The files must be interchangeable between Linux and Microsoft,Word and Excel.  Where can I get help?  I am completely new to Linux.  I have used computers for 15 years or so and have no programming experience

I am considering getting a used computer so I do not have to use, and maybe foul-up, my present computer.  What is the minimum specs to use for the "Linux" computer that will do the job very well?

Hildy