[CLUE-Talk] Linux Advocacy: A Reformation

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Sun Sep 29 07:05:02 MDT 2002

	<-----SNIP----->

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, David Anselmi wrote:

> Technically there should be no problems.  Organizationally there are
> many issues.  I would suggest keeping things as separate as possible for
> now.  If the consensus (and the need) is that CLUE should provide
> services for this project, I would recommend being formal about
> it--which means adding some formality to CLUE first (which shouldn't be
> a problem, just that it is some work).

	<-----SNIP----->

This could certainly be a great form of GNU/Linux advocacy.  Non-profits could
save a lot by going Open Source, and get higher quaility.  IMO, this would fit
into the CLUE framework.  There exists a President, an admins and developers
'committee', and a sponsers chairperson/committee...right?

Why not add an advocacy committee?  One activity conducted by the advocacy
committee could be orgainizing volunteer projects that bring open source
solutions to non-profit organizations.

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy