[CLUE-Talk] New project, request for input

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Apr 21 16:36:32 MDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 18:49, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

[*snip*]

> I think this could be useful for users of X on all platforms -- and very
> helpful in promoting Linux when someone is new to Linux and has to
> hand-hack the XF86Config file.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Zonker,

Having a central repository for XF86config files (and perhaps a set of
HOWTOs describing them) is a pretty cool idea.  I'm thinking it would be
best if it somehow got incorporated into the XFree86 Project, but it
certainly wouldn't have to start there!

Its been a while since I had a lot of trouble generating a working
XF86config file.  But then recently I have had problems doing such
things such as switching resolutions on a laptop (ThinkPad A22p) with
some annoying BIOS issues.  And the XF86config for that laptop is now
available at:

  http://www.eh3.com/files/XF86Config

Would you want a hand getting disk space and bandwidth to host such a
project?  I might be able to help.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD