[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Apr 21 17:01:37 MDT 2003

I'll try to keep this short since I do not want to sound rude or
unpleasant.  I disagree with the basic thrust of what you said about
Linux, but I was wrong about this list.  I was wrong to give the
impression that "we should only talk about Linux" because clearly the
list states that it is not a Linux-only list.  I was just taken back by
recently joining the list and being hit with that.

However, I disagree that the Iraq politics has any place in the Linux
world, and in fact should be kept out.  The reason is because I find
that this is a no-win subject that just creates arguments.  And maybe it
doesn't make a big difference to us in the western world, but think of
it this way:  Open Source is about people working together and being
accepted--that no one should be turned down from working, contributing,
or being a member of the community based on their background or
political ideology.  I think we (potentially) alienate people by
including non-technological politics into Linux (to our detriment).