[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Apr 22 07:32:23 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 07:12, Randy Arabie wrote:

> > He might be YOUR president, but he's not mine. I didn't vote for him,
> > and I still believe that the outcome of the election was questionable
> > at best.
> >
> > I'm not trying to open that can of worms again, but I don't claim Bush
> > as "my" president.
>
> It's fine to be proud you didn't vote for him.  But, Dubya is the
> President of the United States.  Thus, if you are a citizen of the US,
> he *is* your president.

He holds the office, but that doesn't mean that I have to recognize him
as legitimate. And I don't -- I refuse to address him as "president" or
use the term "president" to describe Bush.

And, since you mention it, I am proud that I didn't vote for him. Hell,
I'm just proud that I actually took the time to vote -- unlike a large
percentage of the population. I more people had gotten off their duffs
to head to the polls, there probably wouldn't even be a question one way
or another if Bush holds the office legitimately.

> If you want to honestly say he isn't your president, you are free to
> renounce your citizenship.

Thanks for the gracious offer, but I think I'll continue to exercise my
First Amendment rights instead.

If Bush wins in 2004 without dispute then, grudgingly, I will recognize
him as "my" president -- until then, he's just the resident as far as
I'm concerned.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier