[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Tue Apr 22 21:21:47 MDT 2003

On 04-22 15:47, David Willson wrote:
> Let us now point out that the same freedom that protects your right to
> call President Bush an SOB (Matt Gushee), a little twit (Bill Ehlert),
> or ~not~ my President (Joe Brockmeier), protects my right to say "Oh,
> shut up!"

You forgot the witticisms "shrub" and "raygun". Don't forget this tired
refrain: "Bush is dumb". Even though I haven't seen that last one on this
forum, it's said so much elsewhere it's bound to seep in eventually. :)

> Now, here's a funny thing:  Every time I, or some like-minded other,
> says 'shut up', someone accuses me of attacking his right to free speech
> (which is really a government-endorsed privilege, not a right, but
> that's another argument).

[Oh, let's have another argument, shall we? :) ]

I thought it was an inalienable right granted by the Creator?

Sean, making a mental note to read the Federalist Papers.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/