[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Tue Apr 22 21:37:17 MDT 2003

On Tuesday, 22 April 2003 at 21:12:19 -0600, Chris Terry
<tuba_man at attbi.com> wrote:

<--SNIP-->

> And the economics:
> Yes, the slide started with Clinton, but I haven't seen it pick up
> enough to be able to praise Bush with fixing the problem.  And that
> brings up another good point.  I'm not the most informed on economic
> history, so could you point me to an instance where tax cuts and other
> generally republican economic plans have fixed (or at least started to
> reverse) a downturn/depression like this one?

WRT to tax cuts, the theory of supply side economics states that they
can actually increase government revenue.

  http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/SupplySideEconomics.html

Kennedy-Johnson & Reagan-Bush administrations both implemented tax cuts
in that resulted in an increase in tax revenue.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/