[CLUE-Talk] Anyone heard about this? Free Mike Hawash

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Tue Apr 29 11:05:34 MDT 2003

At 10:40 AM 4/29/2003 -0600, Jed S. Baer wrote:

>Re. Hawash: How do I know what he has or has not done? IOW, what would I
>say to my representatives, now that charges have been filed? I've written
>them in the past regarding due process and other constitutional issues
>surrounding USAPA and the Homeland security act. I'm not saying Hawash is
>guilty, nor innocent. I'm saying that I have no way of knowing. The nature
>of covert operation is that as few people as possible know about your
>actions.

He worked for Intel, not Microsoft. :-)

Holding him as a material witness without bothering to ask him a single
question (material witnesses are supposedly held to provide information)
makes the thing stink enough that I sent $20 for his defense fund.

No black helicopters hovering over my house yet trying to find out who the
dangerous radical is who believes in innocent until proven guilty.

I'm going to France and Holland for three weeks just as a precaution.  If
they raid my house while I'm gone, the Dutch will give me asylum.

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
In either case, the Court cautions Plaintiff's counsel not to run with a
sharpened writing utensil in hand--he could put his eye out. (147 F.Supp.2d
668)