[CLUE-Talk] Anyone heard about this? Free Mike Hawash

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Tue Apr 29 17:42:26 MDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 10:40 am, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:15:42 -0600

> Re. Hawash: How do I know what he has or has not done? IOW, what would I
> say to my representatives, now that charges have been filed? I've written
> them in the past regarding due process and other constitutional issues
> surrounding USAPA and the Homeland security act. I'm not saying Hawash is
> guilty, nor innocent. I'm saying that I have no way of knowing. The nature
> of covert operation is that as few people as possible know about your
> actions.

Well, before he had been formally charged, he (an American citizen) had been
held for about 6 weeks.  This certainly is against the 4th amendment and sets
a bad precedent against the 'innocent until proven guilty' deal.

Now that he has been charged (and given what few facts I know), it seems that
he may be guilty of bad judgement more than conspiracy.  Hard to say right
now.

Jeff

--
Life is a tie. In the end, no one wins.